Randy Smith endorses Explanar.
Explanar is proud to announce that Randy Smith now uses the Explanar at his teaching facility at the prestigious Royal Oaks Country Club, Dallas, Texas.
Explanar is honoured that Randy Smith now has an Explanar and importantly that he’s using it with such a wide range of students from beginners to Tour Players. Randy’s pedigree is second to none and his induction into the PGA of America Hall of Fame in 2005 is testimony to the respect that he has amongst his peers. We are grateful that so many instructors of the highest quality are investing in Explanar and proud of the testimonials we continue to receive.
Randy Smith commented: “Explanar has been a great addition to Royal Oaks Country Club. I’m a fan of anything that can make teaching easier and more fun for both the instructor and the student. Any coach will tell you that to get a student at any level to understand ‘feel’ has always been difficult but with the Explanar I can get my message across in a fraction of the time with dramatic results. I’m having great success with it.”
RANDY SMITH - BIOGRAPHY
Born in Odessa, Texas in 1952, Randy attended Texas Tech University.
In 1977 he joined the PGA of America and this year, 2007, celebrates his 30th year as a member.
Family: Randy is married to Paula. They reside in Dallas and they have two children; a son Blake and a daughter, Blair.
Position: Head PGA Professional at Royal Oaks Country Club, Dallas
Tel: 214-691-0339 Web: www.roccdallas.com
Randy is recognized in the industry as “the PGA Pros Pro”. His love of teaching is demonstrated by his diverse clientele. From juniors to seniors and novices to Tour players, Randy’s success is well documented and his commitment to game development is total.
Throughout his 30 years as a teaching and club professional Randy has maintained the highest standards of service. His willingness to support fellow teaching professionals in their personal development, his involvement with the AJGA, presentations at overseas Seminars and his fund raising efforts are a demonstration of his generous spirit and a passionate desire to improve the standard of play and enjoyment across the world.
2005: Inducted into the PGA of America’s Golf Professional Hall of Fame
2002: PGA of America’s Teacher of the Year
1996: PGA of America’s Golf Professional of the Year
• Currently ranked the 18th Best Teacher in the country by Golf Digest Magazine
• Named as one of the 50 Best Teachers in America, Golf Digest Magazine, 2000-2006
• Named as one of the 100 Best Teachers in America, Golf Magazine, 2001-2006
• Provided instructional tips for TNT’s coverage of the 2003 PGA Championship
• Guest instructor on the Golf Channel’s “Academy Live” (1996, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2006)
• Served as Teaching Editor for Golf Illustrated, 1995-1996
• 2002, 2001, 1999, 1997 and 1995 Teacher of the Year, Northern Texas PGA section
• 1989 Texas Club Professional of the Year
• 2003 Randy Smith Junior Golf Leader Award, Northern Texas PGA section (named in his honor)
• The AJGA’s Randy Smith Classic was named in his honor and held in June of each year in Lubbock, TX
• 16-Time President’s Plaque recipient for raising the most funds for the PGA of America’s National Golf Day
• Played golf marathons and staged a Teach-a-Thon for National Golf Day (has raised over $550,000 for junior golf)
• Featured speaker at the National Teaching and Coaching Summit (1998 with Justin Leonard)
• Featured speaker at the European PGA’s Teaching and Coaching Conference in 1999 (Malaga, Spain) and in 2005 (Munich, Germany)
• 1984 Horton Smith Award recipient for outstanding contributions to professional education, Metro Chapter/ North Texas PGA
• Authored “Tips From the Top” video with PGA TOUR professional D.A. Weibring
• Presented a series of golf tips with D.A. Weibring for Prime Sports
• Provided radio commentary from the 1993 Ryder Cup for KRLD Radio in Dallas
• Provided color commentary for the GTE Byron Nelson Classic and MasterCard Colonial for KRLD and KTCK Radio in Dallas (1986-1992)
Personal Instructor to:
• Justin Leonard, 1997 British Open Champion (PGA TOUR)
• Harrison Frazar (PGA TOUR)
• Jason Schultz (PGA TOUR)
• B.J. Staten (PGA TOUR)
• D.A. Weibring (Champions Tour)
• Matt Weibring (Nationwide Tour)
• Brad Ott (Nationwide Tour)
• Numerous touring professionals on various mini tours
• Amateur students who have received more than 150 college golf scholarships
Randy Smith using the Explanar
Please click image for movie. Please allow time for movie to load depending on your connection speed.